Who we are:
The Brownstown CUSD #201 Education Foundation is an educational support organization led by a Board of volunteers and funded by gifts and legacies given by anyone who wants to help our children and the future growth of the Brownstown Community. The Foundation does not receive tax money or any other funding from the State of Illinois or the Federal Government.
For more information please call us at:1-618-427-3355
What we do:
- The Foundation administers Scholarships with the donor setting the guidelines. Current scholarships administered by the foundation:
- The Kassy Fulk Memorial Scholarship- A $1,000 scholarship presented to a BHS Senior who is a well-rounded, extroverted individual with strong personal integrity, leadership skills, and a high degree of self initiative and drive. Applicants must be in the top 30% of their class, submit an essay outlining personal goals, etc... Financial need is considered.
- The Charlie Finfrock Memorial Scholarship- A $500 scholarship to a student pursuing Education as a career. Given to a well-rounded individual with strong leadership skills and motivation. Applicants must submit an essay describing why those have chosen to pursue a career in Education. Financial need is considered.
- The Edward J. Durbin Scholarships- Two scholarships are awarded; a $2,000 scholarship to a student pursuing a degree/certificate at a Vocational School and a $4,000 scholarship to a student pursuing a degree from a 4 year college. An essay describing the student's school involvement, life experiences, challenges, and financial need is required.
- The Dr. Mark Brunk and Dr. Brent Schwarm Science and Mathematics Award- Two awards are presented to 2 students based on the successful completion of the most Math and Science classes throughout the high school career. 1st Place Award is $1,000, and 2nd Place award is $500.
- Fayette County Real Estate Business/Trade Scholarship- A $500 scholarship awarded to a BHS Senior pursing a career in Business/or Trade.
- The Sandra R. Stine Health-Physical Education Scholarship- A $500 scholarship awarded to a student who is pursuing a career in Physical Education/Health Education.
- The Brownstown Education Association Scholarship- An annual scholarship awarded to BHS Seniors based on academic success throughout their HS career. Voted on by faculty. The value of this scholarship is based on funding availability.
- The Foundation provides Classroom Enhancement Mini Grants to district teaching staff. Grant funds must be used for something above and beyond the regular academic program that is not included in the school district budget. Fall 2018 Grant List
Current Foundation Board Members
- Jerry Reed
- Joe Sefton
- Mary Ann Doehring
- Debbie Robbins
- Kent Kistler
- Debbie Fulk
- Connie Largent
- Chisty Warner
- Elvera Robison
- Suzanne Stinebring
How YOU can help
Mail Tax Deductible Contributions to:
Brownstown Community Unit School District 201 Foundation
421 South College Avenue
Brownstown, Illinois 62418