Brownstown CUSD #201 Board of Education announces a Board Member Vacancy.
The Brownstown Board of Education is accepting applications to fill the vacancy resulting from the resignation of Randy Mason. The individual selected will complete the vacated term set to expire in April, 2021.
Interested parties must submit a written letter of interest identifying themselves, their physical home address, including township, share any information about themselves they feel is appropriate for an application for the Board, and provide a summary of why they would like to be a member of the Brownstown Board of Education.
Letters of interest must be received by Mike Shackelford, District Superintendent, in the District Office at 421 S College Avenue, Brownstown Illinois by 4:00 pm on March 6, 2020.
Applicants for the Board vacancy must, at a minimum, meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment
- Be a registered voter
- · Not be a child sex offender
- · Not hold another incompatible public office
- · Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District
- · Not be a school trustee
- · Meet all qualifications based upon the distribution of population among congressional townships in the district.
Applicants should show familiarity with the Board’s policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a Board and a Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest, ethics and gift ban. The Board’s policies are available at: