Brownstown CUSD 201
Special meeting of the Board of Education
The Board of Education held a special session on April 24, 2019 at 6:00 pm in order to seat the "new" Board and establish district guidelines.
- Secretary Laura Willms read the results of the consolidated election held on April 2, 2019
- John Schaub- 287 votes
- Kent Kistler- 265 votes
- Don Bloemker- 260 votes
- Randy Mason, Board President, administered the Oath of Office
- New Board officers were elected; Don Bloemker- Board President, John Schaub- Vice President, and Laura Willms was re-elected as Board Secretary. The Board voted to re-appoint Jacy Schaub as district Treasurer.
- The Board voted to adopt all current policies, handbooks, and administrative practices currently in place.
- The Board set the regular meeting schedule for the third Monday of each month at 7:00 pm, to be held in the BHS Library.
- Kent Kistler was appointed as the official representative to the Governing Committee of the Kaskaskia Division of the Illinois Association of School Boards; John Schaub was appointed as the alternate delegate.
- Kent Kistler was appointed as the Districts delegate to the Mid State Special Education Governing Board.
- The following Board committees were established;
- Building and Grounds: Randy Mason (Chair), Chad Towler, and Andy Elam
- School Improvement: John Schaub (Chair) and Don Bloemker
- Business: Kent Kistler (Chair) and Laura Willms
The meeting was adjourned at 6:20 pm
Next regular meeting is Monday, May 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm in the BHS Library.